Broadly speaking, my research interests are in multisensory social perception and phenomenal consciousness. I use methods from developmental social cognitive neuroscience, experimental psychology, and comparative psychology to examine both the neural systems and developmental origins of social perception and implicit self-awareness in typical and atypical development. Currently, I focus on two specific areas of investigation: (1) the identification and characterization of early neurocognitive risk for social impairment in ASD, with a special emphasis on the functional connectivity of the ‘social brain’ and (2) the multisensory basis of experiential self-awareness. I direct the Early Sensory Experiences Lab, which is located on the IUPUC campus. Learn more about the ESE Lab online at https://www.eselab.website/
- Postdoctoral, Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia, Canada, 2013
- Postdoctoral, University of Miami, Florida, 2011
- Ph.D., Florida international University, Miami's Public Research University, 2007
- B.A., Florida International University, Miami's Public Research University, 2001
- PSY B-320 Behavioral Neuroscience
- PSY B-334 Perception
- PSY B-105 Psychology as a Biological Science
- PSY B-311 Research Methods in Psychology
Awards & Activities
- IUPUC Faculty Development Award, IUPUC Office of the Vice Chancellor , 2015
- Marino Autism Research Institute Award, 2008
- Elected Associate Member to the Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society, 2007
- NIH Travel Award, International Society for Developmental Psychobiology, 2007
- NIH Travel Award, International Society for Developmental Psychobiology, 2005
- NIH-NIGMS Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE) Award ,2004
- Jaime, M., O’Driscoll, & Moore, C. (in press). Visual Discrimination of Delayed Self-Generated Movement Reveals the Temporal Limit of Proprioceptive–Visual Intermodal Integration. Consciousness and Cognition.
- Jaime, M., McMahon, C. M., Davidson, B. C., Newell, L. C., Mundy, P. C., & Henderson, H. A. (2015). Brief report: Reduced temporal-central alpha EEG coherence during joint attention in adolescents with autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 46, 1477-1489.
- Jaime, M., Longard, J., & Moore, C. (2014). Developmental changes in visual-proprioceptive integration in children. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 125, 1-12.
- Hileman, C., Henderson, H., Mundy, P., Newell, L., & Jaime, M. (2011). Developmental and individual differences on the P1 and N170 ERP components in children with and without autism. Developmental Neuropsychology, 36, 214-236.
- Jaime, M., Lopez, J. P., & Lickliter, R. (2009). Bobwhite quail (colinus virginianus) hatchlings track the direction of human gaze. Animal Cognition, 12, 559-565.