A small but growing campus, IUPUC served about 1,710 part- and full-time students during the 2017-18 academic year.
Our students are primarily from Bartholomew, Brown, Decatur, Jackson, Jennings, Johnson, Ripley, and Shelby counties, although other counties are increasingly represented in our student population. IUPUC has a growing international student population due to the presence of international and global industry in the region.
Our student population includes a mix of traditional and nontraditional students. With an average class size of 16.3 students, IUPUC offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including biology, business, communication studies, elementary education, english, general studies, mechanical engineering, mental health counseling, nursing, psychology, and sociology. One of the state's best educational values, students can choose day, evening, hybrid, and online classes.
IUPUC has more than 5,600 alumni, over 240 full-time and part-time employees, and a growing number of full-time, tenure-track faculty who are recognized for their teaching and scholarship.
- 41.8 percent are 20 or younger; 29.9 percent are 21 to 24; 28.3 percent are 25 or older
- 65.5 percent are female and 34.5 percent are male
- 69.6 percent full-time students and 30.4 percent part-time students
- 15.0 percent are 24 or younger; 85.0 percent are 25 or older
- 61.2 percent are female and 38.8 percent are male
- 23.9 percent are full-time students and 76.1 percent are part-time students