IU Privacy Statement
For additional information specific to this website, please review the following privacy notice.
This privacy notice applies only to the IUPUC (https://www.iupuc.edu) and explains our practices concerning the collection, use, and disclosure of visitor information. Visitor information collected by IUPUC will be used only as outlined in this privacy notice.
Other units at the university may collect and use visitor information in different ways. Therefore, visitors to other university websites should review the privacy notices for the particular sites they visit. IUPUC is not responsible for the content of other websites or for the privacy practices of websites outside the scope of this notice.
Because Internet technologies continue to evolve rapidly, IUPUC may make appropriate changes to this notice in the future. Any such changes will be consistent with our commitment to respecting visitor privacy, and will be clearly posted in a revised privacy notice.
Collection and Use
When you view pages on our site, the web server automatically collects certain technical information from your computer and about your connection.
This site is hosted on IU Sitehosting, a shared web-hosting environment provided by IU’s University Information Technology Services. For more information about privacy practices related to IU Sitehosting, read the IU Sitehosting Privacy Notice Supplement.
In addition to any information collected by IU Sitehosting, our server and/or site collects the following:
- user-specific information on which pages are visited
- the referring website
- the date and time of visit
- the duration of visit
- your browser type
- your screen resolution
Continued use of our website indicates consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of this information as described in this notice.
This technical information is not retained or utilized.
We will not attempt to collect any information from you through the use of forms or other type of manual input.
Information Used For Contact
If you supply us with your postal/mailing address:
- You will only receive the information for which you provided us your address.
We do not share any aggregate, non-personally identifiable information with other entities or organizations.
We do not share any personally identifiable information with other entities or organizations, except when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website.
Except as described above, we will not share any information with any party for any reason.
Except as provided in the Disclosure of Information section below, we do not attempt to use the technical information discussed in this section to identify individual visitors.
A cookie is a small data file that is written to your hard drive that contains information about your visit to a web page. If you prefer not to receive cookies, you may configure your browser not to accept them at all, or to notify and require approval before accepting new cookies. Some web pages/sites may not function properly if the cookies are turned off, or you may have to provide the same information each time you visit those pages.
- store visitors preferences
- record session information, such as items that visitors add to their shopping cart
This site is not directed to children under 13 years of age, does not sell products or services intended for purchase by children, and does not knowingly collect or store any personal information, even in aggregate, about children under the age of 13. We encourage parents and teachers to be involved in children’s Internet explorations. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when they are asked to provide personal information online.
SMS Text Message Terms of Service
When you "opt-in" for one or more text messaging programs (“Service”), you expressly consent to receive non-marketing and marketing texts messages from IUPUC and others texting on its behalf, including automated technology such as autodialers, at the telephone number(s) that you provide, and agree to be bound by these SMS Terms and Conditions.
- In order to use the Service, you must be a resident of the United States and be 18 years of age or older.
- To opt-in to receive IUPUC CRM Initiative alerts, go to (https://crm.iu.edu/sms/text-subscribe-XXXXX.html). Upon your opt-in, you will receive IUPUC CRM text messages intended to provide you with information about IUPUC CRM Initiative. Message and data rates may apply.
- You will receive a variable number of text messages per month.
- IUPUC does not charge for the Service, however, message and data rates may apply to each text message sent or received in connection with this Service. Please contact your mobile telephone carrier for pricing plans.
- You can cancel this Service at any time. Just text "STOP" to XXXXX. We will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us
- Text "HELP" to XXXXX for help. We will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- Supported Carriers may change from time to time, but currently include the following: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
- T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- IUPUC is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Delivery of information and content to a mobile device may fail due to a variety of circumstances or conditions. You understand and acknowledge that network services, including but not limited to mobile network services, are outside of IU’s control, and IU is not responsible or liable for issues arising from them.
Use of Third Party Services
Disclosure of Information
We may share some aggregate information with other appropriate university personnel and units to ensure the quality, functionality, and security of our website/application.
Any other disclosure—with appropriate external parties such as law enforcement agencies—will be done in accordance with all applicable laws and university policies in order to investigate and respond to suspected violations of law or university policy.
Due to the rapidly evolving nature of information technologies, no transmission of data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. While we are committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to university websites, and you do so at your own risk. However, once we receive your information, we will use reasonable safeguards consistent with prevailing industry standards and commensurate with the sensitivity of the data being stored to maintain the security of that information on our systems.
In addition, we will comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding the privacy and security of visitor information.
Privacy Notice Changes
From time to time, we may use visitor information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us.
4601 Central Avenue
Columbus, IN 47203
ATTN: Campus Gateways Team
If you feel that this site is not following its stated policy and communicating with the owner of this site does not resolve the matter, or if you have general questions or concerns about privacy or information technology policy at Indiana University, please contact the chief privacy officer through the University Information Policy Office, 812-855-UIPO, email@example.com.