We are focused on providing a safe, secure campus environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Our emergency action plan is designed to ensure the well-being of the campus and surrounding community.
In the event of a campus disaster or emergency, we use a variety of communication tools to communicate the latest news and developments, including a public address system, building stewards, sirens and alarms, social media channels, and the IUPUC Web site. If there is a campus emergency, check this Web page often for information about campus conditions and operations.
- IUPUC follows Indiana University policies for protecting our students, faculty, staff, visitors, emergency management, and university operations. To learn more about about how IU is committed to protecting people, information, technology, and more, visit protect.iu.edu.
Emergency Action Plan
- The purpose of IUPUC's emergency action plan is to protect students, faculty, staff, and visitors from serious injury, property loss, or loss of life, in the event of an actual or potential major disaster. Examples of major disasters include, but are not limited to incidents involving fires, tornadoes, earthquakes, bomb threats, and hazardous chemical spills.
- In the event of a major disaster, this emergency action plan describes the initial responsibilities and actions to be taken at IUPUC in order protect all members of the campus community until the appropriate university or municipal officials arrive on the scene and respond.
Reporting an Emergency
- Contact the Indiana University Police Department at IUPUC by dialing 9-911 from any campus landline phone or 911 from a campus Lync or mobile phone.
- If you have a question about safety, security, or the physical well-being of yourself or another but it is not an emergency, please e-mail Lt. Brian Deubner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812.348.7388. For non-emergency after 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, call 812.348.7233.