Student Resource Listing
The Help is Available Resource Listing was developed by a group of colleagues from IUPUC, Ivy Tech Community College Columbus, and Purdue Polytechnic Columbus, along with community partners. The work was led by the Gateway Community of Practice and the IUPUC Center for Teaching and Learning.
The need for the listing was identified by faculty and staff who interact with students who struggle with issues that impact their ability to succeed in the classroom. The need was further supported by the Purposeful Pathways Project Basic Needs Questionnaire and input gathered during the Columbus Learning Center Master Planning Project.
The basic framework for the listing started with the United Way 2-1-1 “Help is Here” brochure. The final deliverable includes campus-specific resources in addition to community resources in these main categories:
- Affordable Housing & Temporary Housing
- Clothing & Household Supplies
- English Language & Immigration Assistance
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Food Pantries & Meal Sites
- Job Search & Career Services
- Medical Clinics & Medication Assistance
- Mental Health Counseling & Addiction Treatment
- Violence Response & Safety
Printed copies of the listing are available for all AirPark Campus students thanks to funding from the Teegarden Foundation.