Emily Dill came to librarianship after a brief stint in prison (working as a behavioral clinician). She started her career in a visiting assistant librarian position at IUPUI's University Library in 2002 and was appointed assistant librarian at IUPUC's University Library of Columbus in 2003. Ms. Dill was promoted to associate librarian and was granted tenure in 2009. She was promoted to executive director of the University Library of Columbus in 2012.
Ms. Dill has a diverse set of research interests including the evolution of scholarly communication and open access, information behavior, instructional technology, joint-use libraries and the intersection of libraries and popular culture.
- Personality Predicts Research Preferences—Refereed poster session for the annual meeting of the Society of Personality and Social Psychology, San Diego, CA, 1/27/2012, co-authors Kimdy Le; Olivia Pavlov; and Joan Poulsen.
- Walk the Walk: What Role do Librarians Play in Shaping Scholarly Communication?—Refereed roundtable discussion for Association of College and Research Libraries’ biennial National Conference, Philadelphia, PA, 4/1/2011, co-facilitated with Kristi Palmer.
- Clickers and Library Instruction—Refereed poster session for Indiana University Librarians Day, Indianapolis, IN, 6/18/2010.
- E Pluribus Unum: Out of Many, One—Invited presentation for Indiana Academic Library Association Conference, Terre Haute IN, 4/16/2008, co-presented with Steven Schmidt and Darby Fanning.
- Archivists and Archives: Learning About a Related Profession—Invited panel presentation for Indiana Library Federation annual conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- Survey of Librarian Attitudes about Open Access—Refereed presentation for PKP (Public Knowledge Project) Scholarly Publishing Conference, Vancouver, BC Canada, 7/13/07, co-presented with Kristi Palmer.
- Preaching to the Choir?: How Academic Librarians Really Feel about Open Access—Refereed presentation for Electronic Resources & Libraries Conference, Atlanta, GA, 2/23/07, co-presented with Kristi Palmer.
- Finding Reliable Information on the Internet—Presentation for Partners in Education community continuing education series, Columbus, IN, 11/7/06, co-presented with Dave Miller.
- ‘New Shit has Come to Light’: The Information-seeking Behavior of the Dude—Refereed presentation for The Lebowski Cult: An Academic Symposium, Louisville, KY, 9/28/06, co-presented with Karen Janke.
- Linking the Education Continuum: The IUPUC Library Experience—Refereed virtual poster session for the ACRL/CNI/EDUCAUSE Joint Virtual Conference, 4/20/2006, co-presented with Steven J. Schmidt.
- Institutional Digital Repository @ your Library?—Refereed preconference presentation for Association of College and Research Libraries’ biennial national conference, Minneapolis, MN, 4/7/05, co-presented with Kristi Palmer and Kevin Petsche.
- What’s the Big IDeA?: An Institutional Digital Repository @ your Library?— Invited keynote address for the Association of College Libraries of Central Pennsylvania and the Delaware Valley Chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries joint spring program, Grantville, PA, 3/18/05, co-presented with Kristi Palmer.