We begin reviewing TEP admission applications on the first business day after the due date.
- Admission to the TEP is competitive.
- Applications are accepted until all available spots are filled.
If there are more applicants than available space, your application will be ranked by GPA and completion of prerequisites and other requirements. Meeting GPA and other requirements means you will be considered for but not guaranteed admission.
To apply for admission to the TEP, you must:
- Be an admitted IUPUC student. Learn how to apply.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Complete, or be enrolled in, all prerequisite classes at the time of application. All prerequisites must be completed with a grade of C or better; a C– or lower is not acceptable. See the appropriate degree requirements checklist.
- Complete the online TEP application.
You will be notified via e-mail if you have any missing application materials. If you are notified, you will need to provide the missing information before your application can be formally reviewed for admission.
If your application is complete and you can be conditionally or unconditionally admitted to the TEP, you will be notified by a letter of admission delivered via U.S. mail.
Once admitted, you must complete both an expanded criminal history and Department of Child Services (DCS) check. We will provide you with directions on how to obtain these checks. You will need to make sure that the results are sent electronically to the Division of Education for your academic file.
Teacher candidates will be required to obtain criminal history and DCS checks twice during the professional education classes. The first check will be required at the beginning of the first semester in professional education classes (fall or spring cluster), and the second check will be required at the beginning of the pre-student teaching cluster (third semester of professional education classes).
Schools used for field placements and student teaching require that a current criminal history check and DCS check for all TEP students be on file.
We are not responsible for disruptions to your studies or ability to complete program requirements due to the decisions of schools regarding your placement based on the results of your criminal history and/or DCS check.