Dedicated to your academic success
Through a collaborative relationship with your academic advisor, you will discover your strengths, develop decision-making skills, and create realistic goals. This knowledge will help you make decisions about your future that will improve the quality of your personal and professional life. Your advisor will help you explore your academic and career interests by focusing on the following objectives:
- To facilitate your ability to meet both General Education and degree requirements by teaching you how to make informed decisions about your academic future.
- To assist you in understanding curriculum, graduation requirements, and university policies and procedures.
- To support your efforts in achieving your academic goals or objectives in a timely fashion.
- To encourage your involvement in on-campus, co-curricular experiences that will increase the value of your college experience through the development of interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
- To promote your involvement in off-campus, experiential learning opportunities (i.e. volunteer services and internships) which will help you to explore and clarify your career goals and options.
- To help you “connect” your college experience with your plans and goals for life after college.
- To assist you in finding IUPUC faculty and staff who can best help you succeed both academically and personally.