If you are ready to begin the Indiana University Master of Arts (MA) in Mental Health Counseling degree, the first step is to apply for admission.
To be admitted to the program, you must:
- Have an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be proficient in English
- Possess at least 15 undergraduate credits in psychology or behavioral science courses
- Complete the MA in Mental Health Counseling online application, including:
- Attaching two (2) essays to your application (prompts provided in application).
- Requesting three (3) letters of recommendation from persons qualified to evaluate your academic performance, professional behavior, and personal character.
- Paying the required application fee.
- Send official transcripts for all degrees earned at accredited institutions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your undergraduate GPA is less than 3.0, complete the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test, and have your official scores sent to IUPUC by the application deadline (use site code 0238).
- We admit new students only in the fall semester.
- The early application deadline is December 1.
- Otherwise, we begin reviewing completed applications on March 1 and will continue accepting applications until the cohort is full or July 30 (whichever comes first).
- You can create an application, save it, and return as often as you like.
- When you submit the application, the authors of your letters of recommendation will receive an email message containing a link allowing them to upload a letter of reference and complete a rating scale.
- Be sure to allow plenty of time for letters of recommendation and GRE scores to arrive before application deadline.
We will continue to review completed applications for the fall semester through 30th July 2022 or until the cohort is full.
If you are seeking individual courses for career exploration or licensure purposes please follow the steps below.