To provide you with the best counsel, advisors must have time to review your academic history, plan, and progress. Although some questions can be answered via e-mail or phone, good advising almost always occurs during a scheduled appointment.To schedule an appointment:
- Call us at 812.348.7200 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- When on campus, visit University College in CC Room 156H to make an appointment.
Because advisors help you make important choices about your degree program and career goals, please be prepared before coming to advising appointments.
- Be ready to plan courses for your next semester and work with your advisor to discuss, set, and monitor your goals. Complete a pre-advising worksheet to help you and your advisor clearly communicate and discuss topics that are important and specific to you.
- Make written notes with the questions you have for your advisor.
- Be on time. Come to the Student Services Desk in CC Room 156 at or before your scheduled appointment time.
- Listen carefully and take notes as your advisor reviews, compares, researches, recommends, and prepares your customized program plan during the meeting.
Although you and your advisor will select specific courses for the next semester during the appointment, you will register yourself for classes in OneStart. Register as soon as possible after your advising appointment to ensure that the courses you chose are still available.
Explore these links for related information: