The Staff Council of IUPUC represents both full and part-time non-academic staff in the university's decision-making and communication processes.
The council is intended to:
- Increase the sense of identity, recognition and worth of each staff member in his/her relationship to the university
- Identify concerns relating to staff and to seek their solutions
- Provide a channel of communication for staff with administration and faculty
- Promote the development and adoption of policies which will aid in retaining highly-qualified personnel
- Integrate the staff into existing university affairs
- Establish and promote university-wide activities, publications, professional development, workshops and seminars
- Create a stronger bond within the support staff
Nonacademic staff are comprised of administrative, clerical, technical, and service maintenance employees whose functional classifications are PA, CL, TE, and SM.