Please explore these databases for full-text articles and other research resources on subjects related to the study of education and more.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO): This multidisciplinary database provides full text for nearly 4,500 journals, including full text for more than 3,600 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for 1,000 titles. The database is updated daily.
- Bartlett's Quotations (Bartleby): Including over 11,000 quotations, the first new edition of John Bartlett's corpus to be published after his death in 1905 keeps most of his original work intact.
- Biography In Context (Gale): Biography in Context delivers outstanding research support with nearly a million biographical entries spanning history and geography.
- Book Review Digest Plus (EBSCO): The digest provides excerpts from and citations to reviews of current adult and juvenile fiction and nonfiction. Over 7,000 English-language books are covered each year. Concise, critical evaluations are chosen from 109 leading American, British, and Canadian periodicals in the humanities, social and general sciences, as well as library review media. Covering a wide range of review media and offering an enormous variety of reviews it is convenient for obtaining information on prominent new books.
- Britannica Online: Since the Encyclopaedia Britannica's founding in 1768, Britannica editors have gathered and organized information on thousands of topics for easy retrieval.
- CollegeSource: A virtual library representing college catalogs in full cover-to-cover, original page format with two-year, four-year, graduate, professional and international schools.
- Credo Reference (formerly xreferplus): This database offers access to a collection of aggregated and integrated reference books from high-quality publishers.
- Funk and Wagnalls New Encylopedia (EBSCO): Features over 25,000 informative segments of the encyclopedia.
- Historical Newspapers: The New York Times (Proquest): Deep backfile for The New York Times (1851-current) with searchable full text, full page, and article-level images.
- JSTOR: This is a not-for-profit organization with a dual mission to create and maintain a trusted archive of important scholarly journals and to provide access to these journals as widely as possible. Content in JSTOR spans many disciplines in the humanities and sciences.
- MasterFILE Premier (EBSCO): Gain access to information on a broad range of topics including general interest, business, health and multi-cultural with MasterFILE Premier™. This vast database includes: Searchable full text for over 1,860 journals, including Consumer Reports and Business Week; full text dating as far back as January 1990; abstracts and indexing for over 2,800 journals, many dating back to 1984; charts, tables, and graphs converted to ASCII text; searchable full text for nearly 5,000 Magill's Book Reviews; essential documents in American history, including a database of over 1,000 original historical documents including The Bill of Rights, The Constitution, The Federalist Papers and the speeches of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.; and coverage of The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
- Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary & Thesaurus Online
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context (Gale): Opposing Viewpoints in Context is the premier online resource covering today’s hottest social issues, from offshore drilling to climate change, health care to immigration. Opposing Viewpoints in Context helps students research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, creating presentations and more.
- Oxford English Dictionary: Widely regarded as the accepted authority on the English language. The OED is an unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of 600,000 words—past and present—from across the English-speaking world.
- TOPICSearch (EBSCO): Explore current events, social, political, and economic issues as well as scientific discoveries and other popular topics frequently discussed in the classroom. TOPICsearch contains full text for over 78,000 articles from more than 3,000 diverse sources, including nearly 1,450 full text periodicals.