Frontline Management (FLM) training is available only to Cummins employees who have received prior approval from their manager.
To find the next available wave, contact Melissa Fairbanks @ 812.348.7354.
Unless otherwise indicated, Frontline Mangement sessions convene on the IUPUC campus in Columbus, IN.
The FLM program helps frontline leaders develop the skills they need to lead and manage teams successfully. FLM is designed to:
- Improve company performance
- Develop a stronger pool of candidates for future leadership roles
- Attract, retain, and develop talented leaders
FLM’s main goal is to provide skills and tools that participants will apply back on the job. However, after training programs leaders often struggle to apply what they’ve learned. To support on-the-job application, FLM has three phases:
- Prepare - Review program objectives and get ready for the classroom experience
- Learn & apply - Attend classroom sessions, prepare action plans and start implementing them
- Follow-through - Continue with on-the-job implementation of action plans
FLM was co-created by Cummins Inc. and IUPUC in 2008 and more than 1,000 Cummins managers are FLM alumni.
As a participant, you will learn about:
- Creating an effective work environment
- Coaching employees effectively
- Managing disagreements
- Facilitating meetings
- Championing change
- Setting expectations
Frontline Mangement uses the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® assessment to increase self-awareness. Completion of this instrument, at least three business days prior to the first session, is required. You will receive a separate email message with a link allowing you to complete the online instrument. Completion should only take a few minutes and it is essential that the instrument be completed at least three business days prior to the first session.
Parking permits will be available upon arrival.
We always provide a non-meat option for lunch.
Contact Melissa Fairbanks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812.348.7354 if you have any questions.